Image: Josiane Faubert | Founder of PICHA
PICHA made it to 2021 and I am already very excited about all the visuals and creative stories coming up. Although we are happy to welcome this new year, we still have to be ready for uncertainties and possible adversity as well as the necessity to have to reinvent ourselves.
The creative industry has always been resilient, so whether you are a small business owner or a freelancer, in addition to making sure inclusive marketing is part of your resolutions this year, adaptability and resilience will be the winning mindset.
A few Tips to help you prepare a New Work Year
- Review and Reflect on the past work year and list everything you managed to achieve. It is a good practice to come to honest terms with your shortcomings as well as celebrating your victories, both big and small.
- Set new goals for yourself. Adding goal deadlines will apply that little bit of pressure you’ll need to keep pushing you forward.
- Complete any pending or ongoing projects
- Learn the Right Skills to Progress. Consider the necessary skills that you will need to achieve the role that you are after and take the right steps towards educating yourself. Make use of online learning resources.
- Organize. A clean desk is a clean mind and what better way to start to the New Year than with some space to put your cup of tea 🙂
- Check our website for all the authentic Afrocentric visual content you will need for your business and your brand growth this year. We have exciting paid collections, special free content (for Social Media) and Afro-descendant focused social campaigns you can join to support.
Wishing you a Happy, Creative and Productive New Year!